You do not need to board the plane and leave the Netherlands to discover Japan. In Hotel Okura Amsterdam you will experience omotenashi, the art of Japanese service from the heart. Step into Okura’s world and dream away with this staycation, while not crossing any borders.
Create your own spa-moment at the end of the day by drizzling sake in your bathtub while enjoying a warm bath. According to the Japanese, sake is hydrating for your body and softens your skin. End your day by sinking into the king size bed with crispy sheets for a good night’s sleep.
The Staycation includes
- Early check-in from 10.00 am.
- Overnight stay in a Superior View Room or higher room category.
- In-room dining: internationally inspired four-course dinner menu.
You have the option to upgrade your dinner to a Japanese dinner at Yamazato Restaurant or Teppanyaki Restaurant Sazanka.
- Bottle of sake for in the bathtub.
- Origami paper and instructions to fold your origami crane bird.
- Lavish breakfast.
- Highspeed WiFi during your stay to watch your favourite series.
- Late check-out until 5.00 pm.
The Staycation package includes a four-course dinner in your room, prepared by our room service team. To complete your Japan experience, you can also choose to exchange this dinner with a dining experience at one of Okura’s Japanese restaurants:
- In Yamazato, our authentic Japanese restaurant awarded with one Michelin star, you can enjoy the AOI seasonal menu (7 courses) including aperitif for the special rate of € 78 per person.
- It is also possible to extend your staycation with a dinner in Teppanyaki Restaurant Sazanka for an additional charge of € 60 per person for the seasonal menu or € 118 per person for the classic menu. Both options include a complimentary aperitif.
Origami and chopstick workshop
To enhance the feeling of a trip to Japan, we offer an origami and chopstick workshop on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30 am until 11.30 am. Origami, derived from ‘ori’ (folding) and ‘kami’ (paper), is the Japanese art of folding paper. Our Japanese colleagues will show you the technique, to get you started with this Japanese art yourself. In addition, you will receive tips from our professionals on the use of chopsticks. Once you have mastered the technique, you will notice that the sticks are a natural extension of the thumb and index finger. They will also explain the cultural do’s and don’ts. Participation in this workshop is exclusively for guests who book the staycation package.
Sake is also called rice wine and is a traditional Japanese drink. During this workshop, one of our colleagues will explain about the ingredients, the brewing process and the types of sake. Next to that, you will also taste a selection of 5 different sakes yourself. You can join this workshop for € 50 per person. This workshop takes place on Friday and Saturday from 3.00 pm until 4.00 pm.
Reservations are required for both workshops; you can select the workshop(s) during the booking process to make a reservation. The sake workshop will be reserved for the day of arrival and the origami and chopstick workshop for your day of departure. If you wish to move this reservation to another day of your stay, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to inform you that a minimum of 4 attendees is required for these workshops to go ahead.
Terms and conditions
This package is available from € 364 per room per night, based on 2 persons and subject to availability. The rate includes VAT and excludes city tax (not applicable for residents of Amsterdam). The Staycation package can be reserved until 30 December 2021 and can be canceled or changed up to 24 hours before arrival. This promotion may not be used in conjunction with other offers or negotiated rates.