Situated in the cosmopolitan De Pijp neighbourhood.
- 15 minutes from Schiphol International Airport
- Close to RAI Convention Centre
- Close to the city’s business district
- Major tourist attractions just around the corner
- Easy access by car and public transport
How to reach us
From all directions, follow Ring Amsterdam (A10). Take exit RAI (S109) and follow direction RAI/Centrum (S109) at the traffic lights. Follow the signs direction Amsterdam-Zuid (S109). You drive straight on (passing the RAI Convention Centre on your left hand) and you follow the right lane, into the Scheldestraat. At the traffic lights you drive straight on and after 500 meters Hotel Okura Amsterdam appears at your right hand side.
By public transport
- From Central Station: take metro 52 (to Zuid),stopping-place De Pijp. Travelling time: +/- 10 minutes.
- From Station Amsterdam-Zuid: take metro 52 (to Zuid), stopping-place De Pijp. Travelling time: +/- 10 minutes.
- From Amstel Station: take tram 12 (to CentralStation), stopping-place Scheldestraat. Travelling time: +/- 15 minutes.
- From Station RAI: a 15 minute walk to Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
- From Schiphol Airport: take the train to Amsterdam Zuid and from there take metro 52 (to Zuid), stopping-place De Pijp. Check this page for the hotel shuttle service and taxi service from Schiphol.
For the actual departure times of public transport you can visit www.9292.nl.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is situated at the Ferdinand Bolstraat, named after the artist Ferdinand Bol, and is considered the heart of De Pijp. Noteworthy, most of the streets are named after Dutch painters. ‘De Pijp’ is often referred to the Quartier Latin of Amsterdam.
Cosmopolitan and vibrant neighbourhood De Pijp is a local hotspot with hundreds of bars and restaurants within easy reach of all of Amsterdam and its surroundings.
The Netherlands’ most famous outdoor market, the Albert Cuypmarkt is located in De Pijp. The daily market offers a place for more than 300 stalls and sell almost everything: cheese, fresh seafood, meat, fruit but also jewelry, clothes and flowers. The Albert Cuypmarkt is only one of the great shopping experiences that De Pijp has to offer.
The former Heineken Brewery, where beer was brewed for a 100 years, has been transformed into an interactive sightseeing tour through the dynamic world of Heineken. Nowadays it is called the Heineken Experience.
The Sarphatipark is a small park in the middle of De Pijp. Although, the park is not that big, the large pond gives the park a relaxed atmosphere.
De Pijp metro station has an entrance at the Ferdinand Bolstraat and Ceintuurbaan. Here, the metro takes you to Dam Square in just 5 minutes.
Hotspots in Amsterdam
|Hotspot||Distance in km||On foot in minutes||By bike in minutes||By public transport in minutes|
|Albert Cuyp market||1,1||14||5||3|
|Van Gogh Museum||1,8||23||8||8|
|Museum Van Loon||2||25||8||3|
|P.C. Hooftstraat (shopping area)||2,1||27||8||9|
|Stopera music theatre||2,7||34||11||6|
|Kalverstraat (shopping area)||2,7||34||11||4|
|The Royal Palace||3||38||11||5|
|Rembrandt House museum||3||38||12||5|
|The New Church||3,1||39||13||5|
|The old church||3,3||41||12||5|
|Anne Frank Museum||3,5||44||14||5|
|Westergasfabriek||5,2||1 u. 6 min.||22||21|
|Ziggo Dome||5,9||1 u. 13 min.||25||25|
|Arena||6,1||1 u. 17 min.||24||15|
|AFAS Live||6,6||1 u. 23 min.||30||17|