The health and well-being of our guests and colleagues is always our top priority. We strictly follow the measures that the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and Dutch government have announced for the Netherlands and keep a close eye on the protocol of KHN (Koninklijke Horeca Nederland).
Following the government’s release of measures against Covid-19, we are all very excited to welcome you back to Hotel Okura Amsterdam. This in a somewhat changed setting, in which we kindly ask you for your assistance to comply with the measures as announced by the government. Below you can find the measures we have taken to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience. We kindly ask you for your understanding and support. This overview is updated regularly, we advise you to have a look at it shortly before your visit.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance.
- Our team is wearing a face mask in areas where the 1.5 meters distance is not guaranteed, to provide protection to you and themselves.
- Stay at home if you have (mild) cold-like symptoms.
- In case you are starting to get cold-like symptoms during your stay, please inform us.
- Please follow the instructions of our team.
- We have increased the frequency of daily cleaning at the public areas and touch points in the hotel even further.
- Cashless payments are preferred.
- We do not shake hands. Instead, we will welcome you the Japanese way: with a respectful bow.
- Our reception desk is equipped with Plexiglass screens.
- Time slots for arrival and departure may be applicable.
- Your room will be sealed after cleaning.
- We offer you a serviced breakfast buffet. Depending on the occupancy of the hotel, breakfast will be served via room service or at Le Camelia. You will be informed about this upon check-in.
- Turndown service is performed upon request, to reduce the presence of others in your room.
- Some decorative elements have been removed from the rooms.
- Maximum 2 persons per lift.
- Hotel facilities may have different opening hours or availability.
- We have a sanitation room available where you can sanitise your belongings and refresh yourself after travelling.
- In public areas we have added stations with tissues and disinfectants.
- We clean with stabilised Ozone water, which eliminates germs such as viruses and bacteria.
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam has a PM1 fine dust air filter, which filters a major part of the viruses and bacteria from the air. Due to the high quality, this air filter is mandatory in hospitals and meets the ISO16890 standard and the EUROVENT certification.
- The hygiene protocol is assessed daily and adapted to the latest information from RIVM.
- Our team is available in the lobby for guidance and advice.
- The Lounge is temporarily relocated to the Lobby Bar on the ground floor.
- In all our restaurants we accept reservations of 2 guests, unless your household consists of more than 2 people.
- As announced by the Dutch government we need to register the contact details of all guests.
- All tables have a distance of 1.5 meters to each other.
- Alternative opening days and hours are applicable.
- Time slots are applicable, dinner in Yamazato and Sazanka is served in two shifts per evening.
- Upon arrival we will ask you the prescribed health questions that allow the restaurant visit.
- You have the option to take your coat to your seat or alternatively we kindly ask you to give us a helping hand to hang it yourself on pre-arranged hangers with plastic foil covers.
- Your table is prepared for your arrival shortly before your reservation starting time.
- Menus are presented by QR codes. Alternatively, single use print outs are available to take home.
- Restaurant service will be similar as before, provided that the outcome of the health questions we ask upon your arrival allows the restaurant visit. If you wish to be served with a 1.5 meters distance, then we are happy to adjust our service. We will then use side tables to serve your dishes and drinks and to collect used tableware, for which we ask your assistance.
- Adjusted menus are applicable to ensure quality as well as a safe work environment.
- At Sazanka, you can still watch the chefs live at work, the chefs will be wearing face shields.
Nagomi Spa & Health
- You can make use of our swimming pool and the fitness area, where we work with 45 minutes time slots that require reservations. Reservations can be made via email@example.com
- The pool is divided into three lanes, which means that three guests can use the pool at the same time.
- The bar, sauna’s, steam bath and Jacuzzi are open and require also a reservation.
- The maximum number of guests in the fitness area is four, this excludes one personal trainer. The space near the bar has been adapted to a cardio area where a maximum of two guests can exercise at the same time.
- You are welcome from 15 minutes before the start of your appointment.
- A pre-packed linen package, with bathrobe, towel and slippers, will be handed out to you. After you have swum or exercised and changed, you can leave your used linen in the laundry baskets that are available at the reception.
- Changing rooms and lockers are available.
- After your visit, please leave Nagomi Health as soon as possible to limit the number of persons in the room.
- Nagomi Spa is open on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that reservations for a spa treatment are required.
Even though our way of serving may temporarily change, our philosophy of service will not. We are still committed to offering exquisite experiences.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.
Do you have a specific question? Check the main questions and answers here.