Taste of Okura
Experience the culinary highlights of Hotel Okura Amsterdam like never before in our cooking studio, Taste of Okura. Here, you will learn how to prepare sumptuous dishes under supervision of Chef de Cuisine Louise O’Hare.
Taste of Okura is perfect for small groups of up to 18 people. You can participate in one of our individual workshops, where you will cook with ingredients of the season. It is also possible to organize your own workshop and bring your friends or colleagues for an unforgettable experience.
- Cooking workshop
- Wine tastings
- Individual and groups
- Teambuilding activities
+31 (0)20 6787 450
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333 1072LH Amsterdam
We offer a series of individual workshops in our cooking studio. In these workshops you will prepare dishes dedicated to the season, for example asparagus in April. A selection of our workshops can be booked throughout the year, such as the meat masterclass in which you will be working with the Japanese Wagyu beef. You can register for our individual cooking workshops alone or with a small group up to 6 people. A cooking workshop will take approximately 4.5 hours. Every participant contributes to the creations. Once all the preparations are finished, you will enjoy the menu dish by dish. The dinner will end with coffee or tea with friandises. At the end of the evening you will all receive the recipes and a Taste of Okura apron to take home.
Taste of Okura offers the perfect opportunity for tailor-made workshops. Our team of professional event planners will think along with you about the options. We are happy to set up the cooking studio according to your wishes. A walking dinner, cooking demonstrations and live cooking are all among the possibilities. If desired, we can arrange a sound system, television screen and other amenities. The table setting can also be fully adapted to your needs from seated dinner to walking dinner. This makes Taste of Okura convenient for team building activities, outings with clients and special occasions.
Is your cooking club looking for a suitable cooking studio? At Taste of Okura, we welcome existing and new cooking clubs on a monthly basis. Taste of Okura is known for its finest ingredients and materials, beautiful matching wines and monthly changing seasonal menus. Trips to our top suppliers are also among the possibilities. For an all-in price, we take care of your day or evening from purchasing the goods to the dishes. For more information about the possibilities for your cooking club, please contact our restaurant reservations team via email@example.com or +31(0)20 6787 450.
Combine your workshop with a visit to our Wine Room. Here we organize wine tastings under the supervision of our master sommelier Noël Vanwittenbergh. It is also possible to enjoy an exclusive cocktail party in the Wine Room.
Good to know
- Although most of our workshops are given in Dutch, we do host English workshops as well. During Dutch workshops with non-Dutch speaking guests, part of the explanation will be given in English.
- Workshops can be booked privately with a minimum revenue of € 1.500,-
- Individual workshops can be booked for a maximum of 6 guests.
- We require payment in advance for the workshops. The workshop can be paid for via iDEAL, credit card, or bank transfer.
- Gift cards for the Taste of Okura can be bought at our front desk or we can send them to you by registered post. Costs for sending are € 8.50.
- All workshops take about 4.5 hours.
Allergies and medical dietary requirements
It is important to us that our guests with allergies or medical dietary requirements receive our utmost care in preparing their meals. Since in the cooking workshops the guests prepare the dishes themselves, it is not possible to guarantee that the food served will be free of allergens. Therefore, for guests with an allergy or medical dietary requirement, our chefs will prepare their meal separately and serve this during the workshop. The guest is welcome to participate in cooking the group menu with his or her fellow guests if this does not risk an allergic or medical reaction. Please inform us of your allergy or medical dietary requirement when reserving your place in the workshop so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Welcome with coffee or tea during morning and afternoon workshops
- A sparkling aperitif at the cooking workshops in the evening
- Water and non-alcoholic cocktails during the workshop
- A glass of wine with every course Coffee or tea with friandises afterwards
- Recipes and apron to take home