Indulge a new passion for cooking, or unlock a new-found skill at Taste of Okura. Chef de Cuisine Louise O’Hare guides groups through preparing a menu in the state of the art cookery space.
You can participate in one of our individual workshops, where you will cook with ingredients of the season.
The health and well-being of our guests and colleagues is always our top priority. We strictly follow the measures that the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and Dutch government have announced for the Netherlands. Taste of Okura offers individual workshops for reservations of 2 guests from September 2020.
+31 (0)20 6787 450
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333 1072LH Amsterdam
During the cooking workshop at Taste of Okura you will prepare dishes dedicated to the season. You can register with 2 guests for our individual cooking workshops. The total number of participants in a workshop is 6 guests. A cooking workshop will take approximately 4.5 hours. Each reservation for 2 guests guarantees one cooking island and here you will prepare together your first two courses of your meal. Once all the preparations are finished, you will enjoy the menu dish by dish. Your dessert will be prepared in advance by our pastry chefs and you will plate it under the instructions of the chefs. The dinner will end with coffee or tea with friandises. At the end of the evening you will all receive the recipes and a Taste of Okura apron to take home.
3-course dinner workshop
Each month Chef Louise O’Hare creates a new menu with the best available ingredients. Read more
You can sign up for this cooking workshop with 2 guests per reservation. The price of the 3-course dinner workshop is € 140 per person.
Your culinary journey starts with an aperitif, where Chef Louise will explain the workshop in detail.
Please note that the workshops will be given in Dutch. If non-Dutch speaking guests are attending, then part of the explanation will be given in English. The main language of the workshop will however be Dutch.
Good to know
- Chef Louise has prepared brand new menus for Autumn 2020.
- Although most of our workshops are given in Dutch, we do host English workshops as well. During Dutch workshops with non-Dutch speaking guests, part of the explanation will be given in English.
- You can register with 2 guests for our individual cooking workshops. The total number of participants in a workshop is 6 guests.
- Per reservation one menu will apply to both guests.
- We require payment in advance for the workshops. The workshop can be paid for via iDEAL, credit card, or bank transfer.
- All workshops take about 4.5 hours.
Allergies and medical dietary requirements
It is important to us that our guests with allergies or medical dietary requirements receive our utmost care in preparing their meals. Since in the cooking workshops the guests prepare the dishes themselves, it is not possible to guarantee that the food served will be free of allergens. Please inform us of your allergy or medical dietary requirement when reserving your place in the workshop so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Welcome with coffee or tea during morning and afternoon workshops
- A sparkling aperitif at the cooking workshops in the evening
- Water and non-alcoholic cocktails during the workshop
- A glass of wine with every course
- Coffee or tea with friandises
- Recipes and apron to take home