The health and well-being of our guests and colleagues is always our top priority. We strictly follow the measures that the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and Dutch government have announced for the Netherlands and keep a close eye on the protocol of KHN (Koninklijke Horeca Nederland). A dedicated project leader has been appointed to ensure we comply with all measures.
Below you can find the measures we have taken to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience on our conference and events facilities. We kindly ask you for your understanding and support. This overview is updated regularly, we advise you to have a look at it shortly before your event.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance.
- As announced by the Dutch government it is still required to wear a mask in areas in which 1.5 meter cannot be guaranteed, such as public transportation. In our hotel we will honour the same measure. This means that in our lifts, you are still asked to wear a mask if other guests join you.
- We ask the attendees to stay at home if they have (mild) cold-like symptoms.
- In case one of the attendees is starting to get cold-like symptoms during the stay, please inform us. We are in close contact with medical staff.
- Please follow the instructions of our team.
- We have increased the frequency of daily cleaning at the public areas and touch points in the hotel even further.
- We do not shake hands. Instead, we will welcome you the Japanese way: with a respectful bow.
- We have a sanitation room available where the attendees can sanitise their belongings and refresh themselves after travelling.
- In public areas we have added stations with tissues and disinfectants.
- Our team is available in the lobby for guidance and advice.
- To ensure the 1.5 meter distance between the attendees, we have adapted the number of attendees per meeting room. Please check our capacity chart for a complete overview per setting per room.
- We clean with stabilised Ozone water, which eliminates germs such as viruses and bacteria.
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam has a PM1 fine dust air filter, which filters a major part of the viruses and bacteria from the air. Due to the high quality, this air filter is mandatory in hospitals and meets the ISO16890 standard and the EUROVENT certification.
- GBAC, a division of the worldwide cleaning industry association ISSA, helped Hotel Okura Amsterdam to ensure we continue to use the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facility.
- The hygiene protocol is assessed daily and adapted to the latest information from RIVM.
- Doors can be kept open to minimise contact points.
- Distancing guidance, internal signage and screens can be arranged upon request and will be adapted per event.
- Next to our standard high cleaning service extra cleaning moments can be arranged upon request.
Food and beverage
- In the meeting room the attendees have their own individual water bottles instead of sharing water bottles with others.
- Adjusted menus are applicable to ensure quality as well as a safe work environment.
- Kitchen staff is wearing personal protective equipment.
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming event or our measures, please feel free to contact your event manager.
Even though our way of serving may temporarily change, our philosophy of service will not. We are still committed to offering exquisite experiences and look forward to welcoming your attendees.