Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
WAITER/WAITRESS SERRE RESTAURANT
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Waiter/Waitress for the Serre Restaurant. Serre Restaurant is opened in 2011 and is awarded with a Bib Gourmand for it’s excellent price/quality ratio. In Serre Restaurant, a selection of Ciel Bleu’s signature dishes of the last years is presented in a new way. The menu includes classical as well as innovative dishes and forms an international blend of diverse dishes. The quality and presentation are in the style of Ciel Bleu, presented in a fresh way. Serre Restaurant is opened daily from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m, offering both lunch and dinner.
The team of our Serre Restaurant consists of approximately fifteen colleagues, of which one Service Manager and one Assistant Service Manager.
As Waiter/Waitress you are responsible for offering excellent service in our Serre Restaurant. Amongst other tasks, you are responsible for taking orders, serving dishes, payment and cleaning of the tables and restaurant. You have intensive guest contact.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operational tasks in the restaurant, such as taking orders, serving the guests and arrange payments
• Pro-actively selling restaurant products
• Working in a multicultural environment
• Maintaining excellent contact with guests in foreign languages
• Performing Mise and Place activities in the restaurant
• Ensuring that the tables and restaurant remain clean
• Following guidelines with regards to safety, Arbo, hygiene and HACCP
• You show similar work experience in luxury hotels and/or restaurants
• You are flexible with regards to your work schedule
• You are guest oriented
• You have eye for detail
• You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You are living in Amsterdam or surroundings
• Stress management
• Team work
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82