Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Front Office Supervisor
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a fulltime Supervisor for the Front Office. The entire Front Office team consists of 40 employees including Guest Relations, Receptionists, Conciërges, Bagagists, Doormen and Telephone Operators. The entire Front Office team is responsible for welcoming our guests, check in and – out procedures and providing information and service. The Front Office team is also responsible for guiding guests to their rooms and handling guest payments.
As Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring a successful shift. You are the first contact person for guests as well as your team members. You will ensure that standards of Hotel Okura Amsterdam, based on the Leading Hotel of the World standards, are maintained. As Supervisor you will participate in flexible shifts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Guiding Receptionists during the shift
- Coach and motivate the team
- Ensuring a successful shift
- Handling requests and issues for guests
- The welcoming of guests in a friendly and courteous manner and showing guest recognition as much as possible
- The checking in and checking out of guests in an efficient and professional manner, according to the hotel procedures and standards of the Leading Hotels of the World
- Remain informed of all (daily) activities, meetings and events within Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Attend shift briefings and monthly departmental meetings
- You are in possession of a (Middelbare) Hotelschool diploma
- You are motivated and flexible
- You have a minimum of two years of experience within a similar position within the Front Office
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- Speaking German, French and Spanish is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Opera system is an advantage
- Guest focus
- Planning and organizing
- Result oriented
- Coaching and motivation
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82