Do you want to work in a large, diverse and international team where personal development and growth are important? Then this challenging position is what you are looking for!
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an enthusiastic Housekeeping trainee who will join our team in January! Are you looking for a traineeship where offering 5* deluxe service is an important aspect of the job? Then this is the traineeship for you!
The Housekeeping department is responsible for the cleanliness of all guestrooms, public areas and personnel areas in the hotel. Besides this the linen room takes care of all uniforms for our personnel and the linen for the rooms and restaurants. In the night, our guests experience a Turndown Service, this is the moment that the room is prepared for the night. Since the cleaning is outsourced to an external company, you will mainly be working on the organization, product development and the administration of the department.
In this position you work closely with the daily operation of all departments but you will also get the chance to work on your own trainee projects. During this period you will work in close collaboration with our Executive Housekeeper.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Independently executing projects and assignments, in close contact with the Executive Housekeeper
- Taking care of daily returning tasks such as linen ordering and performing checks
- Assisting the Executive Housekeeper with the administration of the department
- Assisting (and when possible independently executing) with services in the linen room
- Assisting the outsourced company responsible for all cleanliness in the hotel
- Crosstrain in other departments of the hotel
- You are a student at one of the (hotel)schools in the Netherlands
- You are able to work independently
- Your internship will last at least 3 months
- You are enthusiastic
- You are representative
- You are guest oriented
- You have a passion for the hotel business and you would like to learn more about it
- Excellent knowledge of both Duth and English
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of Leading Hotel of the World and offers her employees the possibility to work in a big, divers and international team. One of the key elements of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is personal development and growth. We facilitate this by a training manager and a large range of trainings and development-routes.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam believes in mobility, diversity and employability. We have warm connections with hotel schools to ensure we keep connecting education and practice.
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch Collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
Do you also want to be part of our experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82