Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Sushi Cook Japanese Kitchen
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a fulltime Sushi Cook for traditional Japanese restaurant Yamazato. The Yamazato restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe. We are looking for experienced Sushi Cook with excellent knowledge of the Japanese kitchen. You will be working at the Sushi counter under the supervision of the Sushi Chef. You will also have intensive guest contact and willing to offer our guests excellent service.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Exclusively preparing Sushi and Sashimi dishes at sushi counter
- Responsible for the production and have knowledge and competency of Maki Sushi, Nigiri Sushi and Sashimi.
- Follow standard recipes as directed by the Head Chef in order to ensure consistency of food
- Create a positive atmosphere together with service staff for guests
- The ability to provide the guests at the sushi counter with information about the menu or ingredients.
- Maintain good communication between the restaurant and kitchen.
- Be part of a disciplined, well harmonizing team
- With ideas and suggestions he/she contributes to a continuous improvement of the entire operation
- Ensure that the restaurant’s guidelines, standards and procedures are followed
- Need to be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines
- You have excellent Sushi cooking skills
- You have a passion for Sushi cooking
- You are familiar with Japanese culture and habits
- You are familiar and have experience more than 5 years within distinguished companies in a similar position
- You are guest oriented
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- You are flexible and a team player
- You are in possession of a job related education
- You are fluent in Japanese
- Team work
- Results oriented
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Experience||At least 5 years|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Mun Yoshihara
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 86