Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
SUPERVISOR SERRE RESTAURANT
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Supervisor for the Serre Restaurant. Serre Restaurant is opened in 2011 and is awarded with a Bib Gourmand for it’s excellent price/quality ratio. In Serre Restaurant, a selection of Ciel Bleu’s signature dishes of the last years is presented in a new way. The menu includes classical as well as innovative dishes and forms an international blend of diverse dishes. The quality and presentation are in the style of Ciel Bleu, presented in a fresh way. Serre Restaurant is opened daily from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m, offering both lunch and dinner.
The team of our Serre Restaurant consists of approximately fifteen colleagues, under the direction of the Service Manager.
As Supervisor you will guide the team, assist in offering service and are responsible for serving matching wines whilst sharing your knowledge!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coaching and motivating the team
• Giving instructions to the team
• Pro-actively selling wines
• Ensure that wines are stored in good condition
• Providing and receiving information from/to the F&B Office
• Maintaining excellent contact with guests in foreign languages
• Operational tasks in the restaurant, such as taking orders, serving the guests and arrange payments
• Serving our guests during their stay in Hotel Okura Amsterdam according to standards that are set up by the hotel (align with standards of Leading Hotels of the World)
• Following guidelines with regards to safety, Arbo, hygiene and HACCP
• Performing daily activities with regard to Mise and Place within the restaurant
• Working in a multicultural environment
• You show similar work experience in luxury hotels and/or restaurants
• You employ demonstrable leading skills
• You have a good knowledge of wine
• You are able to coach and motivate a team
• You are representative
• You are guest oriented
• You have eye for detail
• You have a flexible work attitude with regards to work shifts
• You are fluent in English and Dutch (oral and written)
• You are living in Amsterdam or surroundings
• Customer/Guest focus
• External Awareness
• Financial Awareness
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Serre Restaurant
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 2-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82