Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
SOUS CHEF MAIN KITCHEN
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Sous Chef for our Main Kitchen. The Main Kitchen is responsible for the preparation of composed dishes from fresh ingredients and products for several departments, such as the breakfast restaurant, Roomservice, the Lobby Bar and Banquet Operations. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. Working in the Main Kitchen therefore means working on a very high level. The Main Kitchen consists of eighteen employees, under the supervision of one Executive Chef.
As Sous Chef you are responsible for guiding staff members of the Main Kitchen, assisting and replacing the Executive Chef in case of absence, planning the daily operations and preparing a wide variety of dishes.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting the Executive Chef and replacing the Executive Chef in case of absence
• Guiding staff members within the Main Kitchen and giving them instructions and feedback
• Training and motivating team members
• Planning daily operations within the Main Kitchen
• Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
• Contribute to the development of new products and items for the menu
• Ensuring and guarding the quality of the end product
• Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
• Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
• Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
• Following hygiene instructions
• Cost control
• You are in possession of a SVH or similar diploma
• You have a passion for cooking
• You are creative and like to come up with new ideas
• You are flexible
• You have relevant work experience within distinguished companies in a similar position
• Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
• Stress Management
• Giving instructions
• Planning and organizing
• Coaching and motivating
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Main Kitchen
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84