Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
For Nagomi Spa we are looking for an experienced, flexible and enthusiastic Shiatsu Therapist with a passion for the hotel business.
In this position the focus will lie on offering traditional Shiatsu massages according to the (Namikoshi) Shiatsu techniques. Under the guidance of our Spa Manager you will further be responsible for offering several relaxing and nurturing treatments. Our targeted audience is diverse; hotel guests as well as external guests can use our Spa facilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Welcoming and guiding our guests to Nagomi Spa
- Creating a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere
- Advising on- and offering mainly Shiatsu massages, but also other massages
- Providing (Shiatsu) massage treatments according to the standards of Hotel Okura Amsterdam and Leading Hotels of the World
- Ensuring that the Spa remains tidy and clean
- Manning the reception desk
- Advising guests on – and selling our Sothys products
- You are in possession of a Shiatsu Therapist degree conform traditional guidelines with a focus on the (Namikoshi) Shiatsu technique
- You preferably have 2 years of experience within a luxury hotel and/or similar position
- You have a representative appearance
- You have a flexible work attitude with regards to your work schedule
- You have a guest oriented and commercial attitude
- You are service oriented
- You have excellent knowledge of both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of the Japanese language is an advantage
- You are willing to learn and follow courses
- Guest focus
Details of the position
|Contract||To be agreed upon|
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Workinghours||Flexible, including weekends|
|Languages||Dutch and English, Japanese is an advantage|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82