Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Service Manager Roomservice & Breakfast
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an enthusiastic Roomservice & Breakfast Service Manager. As Service Manager you will guide the entire Roomservice & Breakfast team, consisting of approximately 15 team members, of which one Service Manager, one Assistant Service Manager, one Buffet Chef and approximately eleven Waiters/Waitresses.
From 7 a.m. our guests can enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet and several live cooking stations in Le Camelia. Our guests can also order Roomservice as of 6 a.m. As Service Manager you are responsible for the supervision and coordination of all activities regarding Le Camelia, Roomservice, the Executive Lounge, Mibibars and VIP arrangements. You ensure a constant delivery of high service for the entire department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coaching, guiding and instructing the team during daily operations in Le Camelia, Roomservice and Minibar
- Ensure a good planning
- Control and support daily operations
- Ensure that hygiene, safety and service standards are maintained
- Handle several administrative tasks that belong to the department, such as making work schedules, hour registration, etc.
- Providing and receiving information from and to the Food & Beverage Office
- Hiring and introduction of new staff, together with HR
- Daily training for staff members in order to develop their knowledge of The Leading Hotels of the World and Hotel Okura Amsterdam standards
- Assisting in developing customer relations, handling requests, comments and complaints
- Handling VIP arrangements, together with Guest Relations
- Attending F&B meetings
- You have similar work experience within the field of Hospitality
- You employ demonstrable leading skills
- You are flexible and able to coach and motivate a team
- You are representative
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (oral and written)
- You have a flexible work attitude with regards to work shifts
- You are living in Amsterdam or surrounding areas
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Planning and organizing
- Results oriented
- Coaching and motivating
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82