Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Account Manager to join our Sales team. The Sales department strives for the optimal revenue mix of hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet rooms and the spa. The Sales team consists of 1 Senior Account Manager, 1 Account Manager and 4 Sales Representatives under the direction of the Director of Sales. The ideal Sales professional is commercial with a focus on the set targets, pro-active and persuasive.
The main focus of the Sales Account Manager will be to find and recruit new business and to increase the business of the existing key accounts within the corporate market. You are responsible for generating revenue and new business opportunities for Hotel Okura Amsterdam and meeting or exceeding planned revenue objectives. You are actively involved on a daily basis in securing, qualifying and following up on leads to book specific business and you are actively involved in the sales meetings.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for finding and recruiting new business by using available reports and your knowledge of the market
• Maintaining close relationships with existing and potential partners
• Creating and following up on leads within the corporate market
• Assist in preparing the departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business and assist in maintaining this budget
• Accurately forecast revenue changes in managed markets and portfolio based on market conditions and direct selling activities accordingly
• Assist in developing the hotel’s sales plan based on the hotel’s position and strengths within each market segment and assist in implementing this plan
• Analyzing and understanding the competition’s market position and strengths and weaknesses for each responsible market segment and successfully direct sales activities against each
• Initiate action plans with the goal to further develop the existing Key Accounts and new business
• Work together with other departments to make sure that the service offered to our guests is of the highest possible quality (align with the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World)
• To conserve a pro-active collaboration with our marketing partners and distribution channels
• Managing projects under the direction of the Director of Sales
Besides the above mentioned tasks and responsibilities you are:
• Actively increasing revenue with the help of external sales calls, telemarketing and in-house sales calls
• Responsible for initiating and organizing promotional- and sales activities like site inspections, mailings and blitzing
• Actively participates in the relevant road-shows, trade fairs and other events in collaboration with our Sales & Marketing partners
• Actively involved in recruiting members for the loyalty programs
• Coaching junior sales colleagues
• You have a bachelor degree in Hotel Management
• You have 4-5 years of professional experience in a commercial work environment within the luxury (hospitality) field
• You have a flexible approach and resourceful approach towards the job
• You are communicatively strong, creative and guest oriented
• You are able to handle stressful situations and work with deadlines
• You have a strongly developed feeling for the tactical commercial game
• You have strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Excellent knowledge of the English language (oral and written), knowledge of the Dutch and one other language is an advantage
• You are able to travel for work
• External awareness
• Results oriented
• Financial awareness
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Business Development
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 4-5 years
Languages English, Dutch
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82