Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
SECURITY OFFICER (PT)
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a parttime security officer for the Security department. The Security department is responsible for the safety and personal belongings of our guests during their stay at the hotel. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is also an important part of the job. The Security team consists of four employees and one Chief Security.
As security officer you will be working at different departments throughout the hotel and you will walk rounds throughout the property during your shift. You will also assist the front office during busy periods and you will be asked to assist during emergencies. A very important aspect of the position are the flexible working hours, as working during the weekend and night is part of the job.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensuring the safety of both our guests and employees of Hotel Okura Amsterdam
• Performing your duties align with the rules and regulations set up by the hotel (align with the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World)
• Walking rounds throughout the hotel and different departments
• Take charge during emergencies
• Setting up reports after your shift
• You are in possession of a certification for Security Officer (ABM or ‘Beveiliger 2’)
• You are in possession of a First Aid diploma or BHV (if not you are willing to get a diploma)
• You have relevant work experience in a similar environment
• You have a flexible work attitude
• You are representative
• Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You are familiar with Word and Excel
• Stress Management
• Guest orientated
• Team player
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82