Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Sales Representative to join our Sales team. The Sales department strives for the optimal revenue mix of hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet rooms and the spa. The Sales team consists of 1 Senior Account Manager, 1 Account Manager and 4 Sales Representatives under the direction of the Director of Sales.
As Sales Representative you are jointly responsible for developing and maintaining an account base within the B2B market. You are responsible for generating revenue and new business opportunities for Hotel Okura Amsterdam and meeting planned revenue objectives. You are actively involved on a daily basis in securing, qualifying and following up on leads to book specific business.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing and maintaining close relationships within your portfolio
• Creating and following up on leads in order to create new business
• Meeting revenue objectives with regards to existing and new business
• Give suggestions on direct selling activities to maximize revenues in managed market segments
• Give input on the hotel’s sales plan based on the needs of the managed market segments
• Analyzing and understanding the competition’s market position and strengths and weaknesses for each responsible market segment and successfully direct sales activities against each
• Actively increasing revenue with the help of external sales calls, telemarketing and in-house sales calls
• Actively participates in the relevant road-shows, trade fairs and other events in collaboration with our Sales & Marketing partners
• Work together with other departments to make sure that the service offered to our guests is of the highest possible quality (align with the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World)
• Report on managed accounts, markets and activities
• Update the CRM system daily and accurately
• Attending commercial meetings
• You have a bachelor degree in Hotel Management
• You have experience in a commercial work environment within the luxury (hospitality) field
• You have a flexible work attitude
• You are able to work independently
• You employ excellent communication skills
• You are able to handle stressful situations and work with deadlines
• You have mathematical skills
• You have good knowledge of Word, Excel, Opera and email
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (oral and written), knowledge of one other language is an advantage
• Customer/Guest focus
• External awareness
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Business Development
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages English, Dutch
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82