Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Reservations Agent to join our team! As one of the biggest conference and event hotels within the Netherlands, Hotel Okura Amsterdam offers her guests an impressive and extensive mix of possibilities. The Reservations department strives to offer the optimal mix of hotel rooms, restaurants, banqueting rooms and other hotel facilities for a successful stay or event. The Reservations department consists of approximately seven colleagues, of which one Reservations Manager, one Reservations Supervisor, one Group Reservations Agent, two Reservations Agents and one Reservations Trainee.
In the position of Reservations Agent you are jointly responsible for handling room reservations. Together with the Reservations team you will keep the hotel targets and optimal marketing mix in mind. Are you flexible, commercially driven, a team player, creative and proactive? Then please contact us!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Being the (first) contact person for room reservations within the Hotel Okura Amsterdam
• Informing guests about the facilities of our hotel and confirming reservations in accordance with standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
• You are responsible for maintaining existing contacts
• You are responsible for acquiring new contacts
• You are responsible for upselling
• You have completed the Hotel School or a similar education
• Relevant work experience in a similar position and/or business is an advantage
• Work experience with sales is an advantage
• Relevant knowledge of Opera is an advantage
• You are able to work with Word and Excel
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (oral and written)
• You are representative
• You are commercially driven
• You are able to cope with stress
• Team player
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Business Development
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Conform Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84