Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city?s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Front Office Receptionist (PT)
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a parttime receptionist for the Front Office. The entire Front Office team consists of 40 employees including guest relations, receptionists, concierges, bagagists, boormen and telephone operators. The entire Front Office team is responsible for welcoming, handling and checking in and out guests and for providing information and service. The Front Office team is also responsible for guiding guests to their rooms and handling guest payments.
As receptionist you will be responsible for making guests feel welcome and you will familiarize them with the hotel and their room. Your tasks consist of assisting, checking in and checking out hotel guests. In Hotel Okura Amsterdam we work according to Okura Standards that are based on the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World.
tasks and responsibilities
- The welcoming of guests in a friendly and courteous manner and showing guest recognition as much as possible
- The checking in and checking out of guests in an efficient and professional manner, according to the hotel procedures and standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
- The registration of guests according to hotel procedures
- Maintain contact with the guests and handle accordingly to complaints, request and inquiries to ensure that the high standards are being delivered
- Inform Housekeeping and Roomservice with regards to early check-ins, late check-outs and room changes
- Remain informed of all (daily) activities, meetings and events within Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Answer internal and external phone calls in an efficient and courteous manner
- Report possible unusual occurrence and requests to the Front Office Supervisor or Front Office Manager
- Attend shift briefings and monthly departmental meetings
- In possession of a (Middelbare) Hotelschool diploma
- Motivated and flexible
- Experience within a similar position within the Front Office
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- Speaking German, French and Spanish is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Opera system is an advantage
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
what do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84