Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a parttime Porter for the Front Office department. The main goal of the Porter is to assist our guests efficiently according to hotel standards. The first and last contact with the guests is of the utmost importance and has a big influence on guest satisfaction. In this position you are the first person the guests come in contact with; you welcome our guests and give them information about our hotel and its surroundings.
The Front Office team consists of 40 colleagues, with positions as Receptionist, Guest Relations, Concierge, Bagagist, Doorman and Operator.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting guests in a friendly, efficient and professional manner during their stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
• Ensuring hotel standards that are set with regards to service
• Getting familiar with individual wishes of our regular guests and VIPs
• Advising our guests with regards to activities within Amsterdam during their stay
• Assisting guests to their rooms and informing guests about the room, facilities and Amsterdam
• Organising transportation, taxi and parking
• Ensuring a clean lobby together with Housekeeping
• You are representative and service minded
• You are well aware of the possibilities and attractions of Amsterdam
• You have relevant work experience within a similar position in a similar organisation, preferably within the luxury segment
• You are excellent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You have a valid driving license
• You are flexible with regards to working hours
• Guest oriented
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Front Office
Drivers License Yes
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84