Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a parttime Operator as of November. The entire Front Office team consists of 40 employees including Guest Relations, Receptionists, Conciërges, Bagagists, Doormen and Operators. The entire Front Office team is responsible for welcoming, handling and checking in and out guests and for providing information and service on a high level. The Front Office team is also responsible for guiding guests to their rooms and handling guest payments.
As Operator you will be responsible for assisting guests, colleagues and other departments efficiently, courteously and professionally in all operator/ telephone related functions. In Hotel Okura Amsterdam we work according to Okura Service Standards that are based on the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles all external and internal telephone calls in a professional, efficient and courteous manner in accordance with standards and procedures of The Leading Hotels of the World
• Is familiar with VIP guest’s names and regular guests in order to relate to them and handles this information discretely
• Informs the caller when a line is occupied and takes messages in an accurate and confidential manner
• Makes sure that messages are delivered to guests as soon as possible with help of receptionist and porters
• Assists guests in making calls when requested
• Takes accurately note of wake up calls to make sure that guests are being woken up at the requested time
• Assist front office with other administrative tasks
• Training new colleagues in all telephone related standards and procedures
• Remain informed of all (daily) activities, meetings and events within Hotel Okura Amsterdam
• Report possible unusual occurrence and requests to the Front Office Supervisor or Front Office Manager
• Attend shift briefings and monthly departmental meetings
• You are motivated and flexible
• You have experience within a similar position
• Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written). Other languages are an advantage
• Guest orientated
• Planning and organizing
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Front Office
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84