Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
GUEST RELATIONS OFFICER
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Guest Relations Officer for the Front Office department. The entire Front Office team consists of 40 colleagues, who fulfil positions as Guest Relations, Receptionist, Concierge, Bagagist, Doorman and Operator.
Guest Relations Officer is an exciting position in which ‘service with a smile’ is essential. Together with the entire Front Office team you welcome our guests and contribute to a special stay at our hotel. As Guest Relations Officer you are the liaison between our guests and the hotel. You create a warm, welcoming and personal atmosphere by welcoming and greeting our guests personally. You are responsible for exceeding the expectations of the guests by looking at what is most important to them. Another important aspect of your position consists of handling complaints, checking guest rooms and handling VIP treatments and amenities. Do you get satisfaction out of guest contact, are you willing to go the extra mile for our guests and do you see yourself in this challenging position? Then please contact us!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functioning as a liaison between our guests and the hotel
• Maintaining contact with our regular and VIP guests
• Assisting guests in a friendly, efficient and professional manner during their stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
• Getting familiar with individual wishes of our guests and communicating them to the different departments
• Handling and following up complaints
• Checking guest rooms and handling VIP treatments and amenities
• Developing guest profiles
• Handling and following up suggestions of our guests
• Responsible for the Executive Lounge and The Suite, together with your colleagues
• You are representative and service minded
• You have successfully finished the Hotelschool or a similar education
• You have relevant work experience within a similar position in a similar organisation, preferably within the luxury segment
• You are excellent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You are flexible with regards to working hours
• You are discrete
• Stress Management
• Guest oriented
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Front Office
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84