Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
GROUP RESERVATIONS SUPERVISOR
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Group Reservations Supervisor to join our team! As one of the biggest conference and event hotels within the Netherlands, Hotel Okura Amsterdam offers her guests an impressive and extensive mix of possibilities. The Reservations department strives to offer the optimal mix of hotel rooms, restaurants, banqueting rooms and other hotel facilities for a successful stay or event. The Reservations department consists of approximately seven colleagues, of which one Reservations Manager, one Reservations Supervisor, one Group Reservations Agent, two Reservations Agents and one Reservations Trainee.
In the position of Group Reservations Supervisor you will guide the Group Reservations Agent in handling group reservations, from 10 rooms per night, conform standards of The Leading Hotels of the World. You will be the contact person for Reservations Agents and you will replace the Reservations Manager in case of absence. Together with the rest of the team you will be responsible for maintaining existing contacts and acquiring new contacts. You will be responsible for upselling and you are the first contact person during the stay of the groups. You will work in close collaboration with the Conference & Events department, that is responsible for selling hotel rooms in combination with our banqueting facilities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• You have an active role in guiding the Reservations team, together with the Reservations Manager
• You will replace the Reservations Manager in case of absence
• You will oversee and handle all incoming reservations as from ten hotel rooms per night, via telephone and email, in a commercial manner conform standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
• Together with the Reservations team you will ensure more bookings based on the marketing mix and set targets
• You will ensure that the monthly targets with regards to upselling and crosselling are being achieved
• You will oversee all reservations and make sure that they are being handled according to standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
• You will be the first contact person for our hotel guests
• You will make and handle reservations in a PMS system
• You will bring in optional bookings and negotiate these bookings
• You will send out group contracts conform the policy Uniform Conditions of the Hotel industry
• You will handle no-show/late cancellation charges
• You will distribute information sheets to all departments involved
• You will distribute group forecasts and attend meetings on a weekly basis
• You will build up excellent relationships with guests and external contact person in order to acquire new bookings
• You will maintain excellent contact and communication with colleagues from other departments within the hotel
• You have completed the Hotel School or a similar education
• You have 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (oral and written)
• You are commercially driven
• Je take initiative
• You are flexible and service minded
• Work experience with sales is an advantage
• Relevant knowledge of Opera and the PMS system is an advantage
• Stress management
• Monitoring progression
• Team leadership
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Business Development
Offered Salary Conform Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Working hours Flexible
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84