Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a fulltime Engineer for the Engineering department. The Engineering team is responsible for resolving any technical inconveniences and maintenance within the hotel. A five star hotel as large as Hotel Okura Amsterdam is like a city on it’s own. Diverse, state of the art installations require specialists. From refrigerator light to 150.000 liters of water in the pool, every resource should be in good technical condition. The Engineering team consists of 12 employees, of which one Chief Engineering and one Assistant Chief Engineering.
As Engineer you are responsible for ensuring that the hotel’s property and equipment is maintained in the best condition. You will assist the guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Engineering related functions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organizing maintenance and repairing activities of the building and equipment, following correct procedures and safety regulations
- Guest complaints will get priority at all times in performing duties
- Responding immediately to fire alerts
- Keeping contact with various departments and resolve problems
- Taking preventions in maintenance
- Performing inspection rounds in the hotel and keeping a logbook
- Reporting severe damage or failure or dangerous situations to take action
- Working flexible hours, 7 days a week. Night shifts very seldomly.
- You are a technical allrounder with multiple years of experience in a similar position
- You have a MTS, or similar, diploma
- A certificate of good conduct is part of the selection procedure; you need to possess a valid certificate of good conduct
- You employ excellent communicative skills
- You have affinity with service in a similar environment
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- You have a flexible and independent work attitude
- You are representative
- You have relevant knowledge of Word and Excel
- Results oriented
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82