Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE MAIN KITCHEN
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Demi Chef de Partie to join our experienced and enthusiastic kitchen team.
The Main Kitchen is responsible for the preparation of composed dishes from fresh ingredients and products for multiple departments, such as the breakfast restaurant, Roomservice, the Lobby Bar and Banquet Operations. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department amongst the five star hotel segment in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. Working in the Main Kitchen therefore means working on a very high level of service.
The Main Kitchen consists of eighteen employees, under the supervision of one Executive Chef.
In the position of Demi Chef de Partie you are responsible for executing the operational kitchen process in an effective and efficient way. You prepare dishes align with the standards that have been set up by the hotel, recipes and planning and you herewith add to the daily experiences of our guests.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting the Executive Chef in preparing lunch and diner
• Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
• Ensuring the quality of the end product
• Making suggestions to the Chef with regards to dishes
• Contribute to the development of products and items
• Carrying out mise and place activities
• Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
• Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
• Following hygiene instructions
• You are an enthusiastic professional who wants to develop more within the luxury segment
• You live in, or within the vicinity of, Amsterdam
• You are flexible
• You have relevant work experience within renowned (learning) companies
• You have an SVH diploma
• Fluent in both Dutch and English
• Stress Management
• Team player
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Main Kitchen
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82