Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
CONFERENCES & EVENTS REPRESENTATIVE
We are looking for a Conferences & Events Representative for our Conferences & Events team. The Conferences & Events team is responsible for selling the best mix between hotel rooms and banquet rooms to create successful events. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. Together with your team you will be dedicated to create the most unique and memorable events within the biggest Conferences & Events hotel in the Netherlands.
The Conferences & Events team consists of two Account Managers, two C&E Representatives, one C&E Coordinator and two Senior Account Managers C&E, under supervision of the Conferences & Events Manager.
As Conferences & Events Representative you will be responsible for planning and organizing unique and memorable events within Hotel Okura Amsterdam. You are responsible for the booking, preparation and execution of conferences and events and for meeting monthly and annual sales targets.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining contact with potential and existing guests
• Facilitating show rounds with potential guests
• Responding to all in-coming sales enquiries, internally as well as externally
• Preparing proposals for our potential guests
• Contracting bookings
• Planning all logistic details
• Drawing up function sheets and communicate all logistic details to other departments in order to create a successful event
• Being the contact person for our guests and other departments on the day of the event
• Pro-actively promote our facilities to new and existing guests
• Record the progress of all enquiries and translate these into a monthly report, including future predicted sales and other reports
• You are graduated from a Hotelschool
• You are commercially driven
• You are service minded
• You are pro-acive
• You employ excellent organizing skills
• You are able to multi task
• You are able to handle stress and keeping a good overview
• You have experience in the hotel branche and you have knowledge of Conference and Events markets
• Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You have good knowledge of Word and Excel
• Customer/guest focus
• Planning and organizing
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Business Development
Contract To be agreed upon
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84