Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
CHEF DE PARTIE PASTRY
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Chef de Partie for the Pastry department. The Pastry department is responsible for the preparation of all pastries and desserts within the hotel, under which the Ciel Bleu Restaurant, Serre Restaurant, Yamazato, Sazanka and the Banquet Operations department. The Pastry department consists of seven employees, of which one Executive Pastry Chef.
As Chef de Partie you are responsible for preparing a wide variety of dishes, carrying out mise and place activities, keeping the kitchen clean, ensuring optimal functioning of the assigned partie and developing new items for the menu.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
• Ensuring and guarding the quality of the end product
• Responsible for optimum functioning of the assigned partie
• Carrying out activities for the assigned partie
• Making suggestions to the Chef
• Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
• Carrying out mise and place activities
• Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
• Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
• Guiding and advising colleagues and trainees and giving instructions
• Following hygiene instructions
• Receiving, checking and storing ordered food items and other supplies
• You are in possession of a SVH or similar diploma
• You are living in Amsterdam or surroundings
• You are creative and like to come up with new ideas
• You are flexible
• You have relevant worki experience within distinguished companies
• You have a passion for chocolate
• Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
• Stress Management
• Team player
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84
Or call +31(0)20 678 7111