Chef de Partie Main Kitchen (PT/FT)
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business. Being the city?s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Chef de Partie Main Kitchen (PT)
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Chef de Partie for the Main Kitchen. The Main Kitchen is responsible for the preparation of composed dishes from fresh ingredients and products for several departments, such as the breakfast restaurant, Roomservice, the Lobby Bar and Banquet Operations. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. Working in the Main Kitchen therefore means working on a very high level. The Main Kitchen consists of eighteen employees, of which one Executive Chef.
As Chef de Partie you are responsible for preparing a wide variety of dishes, carrying out mise and place activities, keeping the kitchen clean, ensuring optimal functioning of the assigned partie and developing new items for the menu.
tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
- Ensuring and guarding the quality of the end product
- Responsible for optimum functioning of the assigned partie
- Carrying out activities for the assigned partie
- Making suggestions to the Chef
- Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
- Carrying out mise and place activities
- Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
- Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
- Guiding and advising colleagues and trainees and giving instructions
- Following hygiene instructions
- Cost control
- Receiving, checking and storing ordered food items and other supplies
- You are in possession of a SVH or similar diploma
- You are living inAmsterdam or surroundings
- You are creative and like to come up with new ideas
- You are flexible
- You have relevant working experience within distinguished companies
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
what do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura?s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84