Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Chef de Partie Serre Kitchen
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Demi Chef de Partie to join our experienced and enthusiastic kitchen team.
Le Serre Restaurant was opened in 2011 and has been awarded with a Bib Gourmand for their excellent products for a reasonable price. In Serre Restaurant we offer a selection of Ciel Bleu’s signature dishes from the past years in a new form. The menu contains classis as well as innovative dishes making for a truly international culinary offering. The quality and style that Ciel Bleu is renowned for are presented with a light touch. Serre is opened daily from 10:00 o’clock until 22:00 o’clock and serves both Lunch and Dinner.
The kitchen team of Serre Restaurant consists of approximately ten employees under the guidance of Chef de Cuisine, Marc van der Tang.
As Chef de Partie you are responsible for preparing a wide variety of dishes, carrying out mise and place activities, keeping the kitchen clean, ensuring optimal functioning of the assigned partie and developing new items for the menu.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
- Ensuring and guarding the quality of the end product
- Responsible for optimum functioning of the assigned partie
- Carrying out activities for the assigned partie
- Making suggestions to the Chef
- Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
- Carrying out mise and place activities
- Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
- Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
- Guiding and advising colleagues and trainees and giving instructions
- Following hygiene instructions
- Cost control
- Receiving, checking and storing ordered food items and other supplies
- You are an enthusiastic professional who wants to develop more within the luxury segment
- You are in possession of a SVH or similar diploma
- You are creative and like to come up with new ideas
- You are flexible
- You have relevant work experience within distinguished companies
- You are living in Amsterdam or surroundings
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- Stress Management
- Team player
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82