Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business. Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Bartender for our Lobby Bar and Twenty Third Bar. Between 5 p.m. and 1 a.m. hotel guests as well as external guests can enjoy a wide variety of cocktails and champagnes and a panoramic view over the city. As Bartender you are responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in the Lobby Bar and Twenty Third Bar.
The Bar team consists out of approximately seven employees, of which one Hotel Bars Manager. Do you have a passion for F&B with a special focus on the preparation of beverages on a very high level? Then please contact us at the contact information below.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Welcoming our guests in the Bar
- Taking orders and mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to our guests
- Coming up with new and creative ideas with regards to recipes
- Being a contact person for our guests
- Being an ambassador of Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Following standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
- Following guidelines of safety, cleaning and sanitation (HACCP)
- Following standard recipes
- Collecting payments and operating a cash register
- Stocking of the bar
- Keeping track of the storage
- Keeping the work area clean
- Focusing on guest contact
- Relevant work experience in a similar position and/or business is an advantage
- Knowledge of beverages and preparations of cocktails is an advantage
- You are representative and service minded
- You have a good knowledge of Amsterdam
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (oral and written)
- You are flexible with regards to shifts
- You live in or within the vicinity of Amsterdam
- Stress Management
- Team player
Details of the position
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Working hours Flexible
Languages Dutch and English
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82