Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for a Banquet Supervisor for our Banquet Operations department. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. The Banquet Operations Department consists of approximately fifteen employees, of which one Banquet Operations Manager, one Assistant Banquet Operations Manager, three Banquet Supervisors, one Banquet Guest Relations Officer and multiple Housemen and Waiters/Waitresses.
As Banquet Supervisor, together with the rest of the team, you are responsible for exceeding the expectations of the guests and organizing successful events. You maintain extensive guest contact and are responsible for guiding the Banqueting team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Guiding Banqueting Waiters/Waitresses and temporary staff
- Pro-actively thinking of ways to improve the service
- Maintaining contact with the Conference & Events department
- Coordinating conferences and events
- Welcoming guests and relations
- Maintaining contact with guests in foreign languages
- Maintaining excellent contact with different departments
- Offering service conform standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
- Following guidelines with regards to safety, Arbo, hygiene and HACCP
- Working in a multicultural environment
- You are in possession of a diploma from the Middelbare Hotelshool or a similar education
- You are guest oriented
- You have eye for detail
- You employ excellent communication skills
- You have a commercial work attitude
- You are flexible with regards to your work schedule
- You live in Amsterdam or surroundings
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
- You have a minimum of 2 years of management experience within a Banqueting department
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.