Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER CIEL BLEU RESTAURANT
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an Assistant Service Manager for our Ciel Bleu Restaurant. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant is awarded with two Michelin stars. In Ciel Bleu daring original dishes are served while guests can enjoy the panoramic view of Amsterdam. A choice selection of classic and innovative wines complete this unparalleled culinary experience. Ciel Bleu Restaurant is opened Monday to Saturday from 6.30 p.m. until 10.30 p.m. and can be booked for lunch.
The team of our Ciel Bleu Restaurant consists of approximately fifteen colleagues, of which one Service Manager and one Assistant Service Manager.
As Assistant Service Manager you work closely together with the Service Manager and are responsible for managing the team in absence of the Service Manager. The focus lies on training and development of the team to obtain constant improvement.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operational work in the restaurant in order to coach and guide the team
• Giving instructions with regards to standards and work procedures
• Assist in the development of excellent guest contact and taking care of the correct handling of requests and remarks of both guests and colleagues
• Providing and receiving information from / to Service Manager and F&B Office
• Responsible for the introduction of new employees
• Continue the excellent collaboration with other departments within the hotel
• In case of absence of the Service Manager, taking care of the duties of the Service Manager
• Follow standards set up by the hotel (align with standards of Leading Hotels of the World) and Michelin
• You show similar work experience in luxury hotels and/or restaurants with a Michelin star
• You employ excellent demonstrable leading skills
• You are flexible and able to coach and motivate a team
• You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• Stress management
• Guest oriented
• Planning and organizing
• Team leadership
• Coaching and motivating
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Ciel Bleu Restaurant
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 2-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
Do you also want to be part of our experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82