Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
ASSISTANT HEADWAITER & SOMMELIER CIEL BLEU RESTAURANT
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an Assistant Headwaiter & Sommelier for our Ciel Bleu Restaurant. The Ciel Bleu Restaurant is awarded with two Michelin stars. In Ciel Bleu daring original dishes are served while guests can enjoy the panoramic view of Amsterdam. A choice selection of classic and innovative wines complete this unparalleled culinary experience. Ciel Bleu Restaurant is opened Monday to Saturday from 6.30 p.m. until 10.30 p.m. and can be booked for lunch.
The team of our Ciel Bleu Restaurant consists of approximately fifteen colleagues, of which one Service Manager and one Assistant Service Manager.
As Assistant Headwaiter & Sommelier you work closely together with the Service Manager and are responsible for managing the team and serving matching wines whilst sharing your knowledge!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coaching and guiding the team
• Encourage and motivate the team
• Giving instructions with regards to standards and work procedures
• Pro-actively selling wines
• Ensure that wines are stored in good condition
• Assist in the development of excellent guest contact and taking care of the correct handling of requests and remarks of both guests and colleagues
• Operational tasks in the restaurant, such as taking orders and serving the guests
• Continue excellent communication with other departments within the hotel
• Serving our guests during their stay in Hotel Okura Amsterdam according to standards that are set up by the hotel (align with standards of The Leading Hotels of the World) and Michelin
• You show similar work experience in luxury hotels and/or restaurants with a Michelin star
• You employ excellent demonstrable leading skills
• You have an excellent knowledge of wine
• You are flexible and able to coach and motivate a team
• You are representative
• You are service minded
• You have an eye for detail
• You are flexible with regards to working hours
• You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You live in Amsterdam or its surroundings
• Guest focus
• External awareness
• Financial awareness
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Department Ciel Bleu Restaurant
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 2-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
Do you also want to be part of our experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82