Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
ASSISTANT CHIEF STEWARD
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an Assistant Chief Steward for the Stewarding department. The Stewarding department provides all necessary materials to every F&B department on a daily basis and is also responsible for cleaning all nine kitchens in the hotel. All of this is done in accordance to very strict HACCP standards. The Stewarding team consists of more than twenty-five employees, of which one Chief Stewarding, one Assistant Chief Stewarding, four Stewarding Supervisors and approximately nineteen Stewards.
As Assistant Chief Steward you are responsible for coordinating and overseeing all activities within the Stewarding department and giving instructions to Supervisors and Stewards under the supervision of the Chief Steward. An important aspect of the position are the flexible working hours, as working during the weekend and night is part of the job.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting the Chief Steward and replacing the Chief Steward in case of absence
• Coordinating and overseeing all activities within the Stewarding department
• Training and motivating team members within the Stewarding department
• Assigning tasks and giving instructions
• Supervise the progression and quality of all activities within the Stewarding department
• Working according to (hotel)regulations with regards to health, safety and hygiene (HACPP)
• Reporting all situations which are considered to be a health or safety hazard
• Updating cleaning codes and procedures
• Develop training manuals on HACCP, standards and codes
• Conducting performance evaluations for Stewarding employees, in conjunction with the Chief Steward
• Attending weekly F&B meetings
• Handle administrative work and update files
• You are an enthusiastic team leader with lots of energy
• You have work experience in a similar position
• You are service minded
• You have a flexible work attitude
• You are prepared to work flexible hours
• You are physically healthy
• You have excellent communication skills
• You are living in or within the vicinity of Amsterdam
• Cultural awareness
• Result oriented
• Team leadership
• Financial awareness
• Coaching and motivating
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 1-2 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82