Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Assistant Banquet Operations Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Banquet Operations Manager for our Banquet Operations Department. The Banquet Operations Department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the largest Banquet department amongst all 5* hotels in the Netherlands and the market leader with regards to revenue and quality. The Banquet Operations department consists of approximately fifteen employees, of which one Banquet Operations Managers, one Assistant Banquet Operations Manager and multiple Banquet Waiters, Housemen and Supervisors.
As Assistant Banquet Operations Manager you are responsible for all activities within the Banqueting department together with the Banquet Operations Manager. You work in close collaboration with our Conference & Events department to make every event successful. You instruct supervisors, housemen and waiters, oversee the service and give clear briefings to ensure the highest quality. You coordinate and manage the service during all events and are responsible for exceeding guest expectations, by focusing on what guests find important. You ensure successful and efficient events by controlling every detail and following up any changes that are made. When necessary you handle complaints and make sure they are followed up in the correct way. As Assistant Banquet Operations Manager it is very important to stay in close contact with our operational departments such as the kitchen, stewarding and engineering.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Instructing the entire Banquet Operations team, consisting of supervisors, housemen, waiters and temporary service staff together with the Banquet Operations Manager
- Training and guiding Banqueting staff
- Function as the contact person between Banqueting and other departments within Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Ensuring that the service is in accordance with standards of The Leading Hotels of the World
- Attending meetings on behalf of the operation (F&B Meetings and Sheet Meetings)
- Maintaining in close contact with temporary service companies
- Ordering beverages and controlling stocks
- You hold a diploma from the Middelbare Hotelshool or a similar education
- You have at least two years of experience within a Banquet Operations and/or catering organisation on 5* level
- Excellent knowledge of both Dutch and English (oral and written)
- You employ excellent communication and organisational skills
- You are flexible and service minded
- You have a commercial work attitude
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Team leadership
- Results Oriented
- Coaching & Motivating
Details of the position
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Experience||At least 2 years|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
What do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82