Do you want to work in a large, diverse and international team where personal development and growth are important? Then this challenging position is what you are looking for!
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
APPRENTICE MAIN KITCHEN
Our Main Kitchen is looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team! The Main Kitchen is responsible for the preparation of composed dishes from fresh ingredients and products for several departments, such as the breakfast restaurant, Roomservice, the Lobby Bar and Banquet Operations. The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality. Working in the Main Kitchen therefore means working on a very high level. The Main Kitchen consists of eighteen employees, of which one Executive Chef.
As apprentice you are jointly responsible for preparing a wide variety of dishes, carrying out mise and place activities and keeping the kitchen clean. Are you willing to go the extra mile to offer guests a true hospitality experience and do you want to develop yourself further in the largest F&B hotel of the Netherlands? Then please contact us!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparation of dishes according to standards, recipe and planning
• Ensuring and guarding the quality of the end product
• Making suggestions to the Chef
• Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
• Carrying out mise and place activities
• Ensuring good quality and freshness of ingredients
• Ensuring good quality, taste, texture and colour of food items and making adjustments when necessary
• Following hygiene instructions
• You are a student at one of the (hotel)schools in the Netherlands
• You have eye for detail
• You come up with new ideas
• you are flexible with regards to your work schedule
• You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
• You live in Amsterdam or surroundings
DETAILS VAN DE VACATURE
Department Main Kitchen
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star deluxe hotel. Working for Hotel Okura Amsterdam therefore offers trainees the perfect chance to develop themselves within a large, international and diverse team. Growth and development is very important within Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Therefore we offer our trainees and apprentices diverse training programs en possibilities.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Then please send us your resume and letter of motivation:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Annemarieke Schubert
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82