Account Manager Sales
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city?s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Account manager sales
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Account Manager Sales to join our Sales team. The Sales department strives for the optimal revenue mix of hotelrooms, restaurants, banquetrooms and the spa. The Sales team consists of 2 Account Managers and 3 Sales Representatives under the direction of the Director of Sales. The ideal Sales professional is commercial with a focus on the set targets, pro-active and persuasive.
The main focus of the Account Manager Sales will be to find and recruit new business and to increase the business of the existing Key Accounts in both the corporate and leisure market.
tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for finding and recruiting new business by using available reports and your knowledge of the market
- Initiate action plans with the goal to further develop the existing Key Accounts and new business
- Create and follow up on leads in mainly, but not only, the leisure- and corporate market
- To achieve the set targets in reference to room nights, average rates and market share and to recognize critical aspects and handle these in a pro-active manner
- (Partly) responsible for price negotiations in agreement with department head
- Work together with other departments to make sure that the service offered to our guests is of the highest possible quality (align with the standards of The Leading Hotels of the World)
- Responsible for initiating and organizing promotional- and sales activities like site inspections, mailings and blitzing
- To conserve a pro-active collaboration with our marketing partners and distribution channels
- Actively involved in recruiting members for the loyalty programs
- Actively participates in the relevant road-shows, trade fairs and other events in collaboration with our Sales & Marketing partners
- Being fully aware of what goes on in the market and with our competitors
- Actively use available programs and reports
- Actively involved in sales meetings
- A bachelor degree in Hotel Management
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a commercial work environment within the luxury (hospitality) field
- A flexible approach and resourceful approach towards the job
- Communicatively strong, creative and guest oriented
- Able to handle stressful situations
- A strongly developed feeling for the tactical commercial game
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and English language (oral and written)
- Able to travel for work
what do we offer you?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
Details of the position
|Contract||To be agreed upon|
|Offered Salary||Dutch collective Labour Agreement|
|Languages||Dutch and English|
are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84